AUTHORIZED ADULTS for pick-up
Please CHECK the registered sessions.
Please note that Brooklyn Explorers Academy offers a Full-time, Mon/Wed/Fri, or Tues/Thurs schedule.
Please give any information concerning your child, which will assist us in providing the best care for your child:
PERMISSIONS & AUTHORIZATIONS
- Explorers Academy Preschool requires payment in full or enrollment in our automatic monthly flex-payment program by May 15, 2023 preceding your September start date. Payment is due for your registered days despite your family’s attendance or scheduled closings as provided to you in the annual school calendar. There are no refunds for preschool tuition or program deposits. Preschool enrollment is contractual for the entire registered school year. Please keep in mind that the payment of your program deposit initiates your contractual commitment to the entire school year. If there is no 90-day written notice given prior to your withdrawal from the program due to a critical family illness, an out of city move, or critical documented change in family circumstances; for family's on preschool flex payment plans, the entire amount due for the remaining registered preschool tuition through the end of the school year will remain due by the parent/guardian, and for families who opted to pay upfront tuition for the school year, there will be no refunds of any paid tuition. Explorers Academy Preschool reserves the right to collect all fees due and any collection and/or legal fees will be charged to the parent in the event of debt collection and/or report said indebtedness to the credit bureau and/or military command. Explorers Academy Preschool runs as scheduled per our school’s annual calendar from September through June. I understand that my tuition will be billed May 15, 2024 through May, 2025 for full or prorated tuition accordingly. Tuition totals will be prorated at 60% of published annual tuition for all students enrolled for a January start date.
-I understand that withdrawing my application to attend any of the citywide 3K/4K programs does not constitute a release from the contractual obligations of Explorers Academy Preschool. We encourage all families who are simultaneously applying for alternative programs to apply for any available seats at Explorers Academy Preschool after citywide notifications have been released to allow for integrity and transparency in our school’s admissions process.
- I understand that late payments after a 7 day grace period in the automatic monthly flex-plan will be assessed a $25 fee. If your payments fall more than 2 months behind, your child may lose their space in Brooklyn Explorers Academy Preschool.
- I may submit a schedule change to add additional preschool days provided space is available. Payment is due for the increase in tuition fees upon registration. For parents who have enrolled in the payment plan, additional tuition fees will be added to your payment plan if your additional weeks are added prior to the expiration of your plan
- I understand that upon acceptance to Brooklyn Explorers Academy Preschool, I must pay the required payment plan deposit or full tuition fees. The deposit is considered an expressed commitment for your completion of your annual tuition payment schedule and is nonrefundable. Fees are due for all weeks of the school year despite any of the following: scheduled closings due to holidays or emergency closings, family vacations, sick days, or missed school days for any reason.
- A $35 NSF fee will be assessed if my check is returned by the bank. If I have 2 NSF checks within a 6 month period, I will be required to pay by Certified Check, money order, or credit card.
- I understand that I must pick my child up on time at dismissal. Should I arrive late, I will be assessed late fees as outlined in the parent letter payable the following pay date. The center is licensed for a set number of children per session and the license can be revoked if this number is exceeded. If I am consistently late, a meeting will be held with the director and my child’s enrollment may be terminated.
- I understand that I must maintain diapering and toileting supplies at Brooklyn Explorers Academy Preschool. In the event that my child’s supplies are not replenished after teacher notification, I will be assessed a $25 purchasing fee to Brooklyn Explorers Academy Preschool to replenish my child’s supplies.
- I understand that during Brooklyn Explorers Academy Preschool, I am required to maintain my child’s supply list which includes special items to ensure participation in all Preschool activities (i.e. swimsuits, nap supplies, water bottles). If my child comes without required supplies, a $25 purchasing fee to Explorers Academy Preschool to replenish my child’s supplies.
- I have read and understand the EAP Head lice policy and will report lice infestation of any member of my family to my child’s teacher immediately.
- I have read and understand the Health & Safety Guidelines outlined by Brooklyn Explorers Academy in the Parent Guide. I will comply with all screening, health checks, daily reporting, and safety policies as required.
- I agree to all the above conditions, tuition, and permissions and I certify that I will review any and all correspondence that outlines the Brooklyn Explorers Academy Preschool policies and procedures and will abide by the expectations set forth in the preschool admissions letter. An official schedule change dated later than this contract will supersede the original schedule commitment effective four weeks after the change submission. This directive is a legal and binding agreement and all conditions set forth will be enforced.